Lace Cleaning Tips for Your Lace Dress
Lace is a special fabric that can cause problems or damage during washing. Therefore, we must pay attention to some matters when cleaning lace dresses. A lot of women don’t know how to properly care for their lace dresses or their lace undergarments. It can be hard to figure out what products are best for cleaning and keeping your dress in top condition. The following is to share the correct cleaning method of lace fabric. These tips can help you keep your lace dresses looking fresh and beautiful.
What to pay attention to when cleaning the lace dress
- Choose professional detergent cleaning. Use mild soap or special cleaning agent for delicate textiles. Do not use concentrated laundry detergent, bleach and other harmful cleaning agent for lace dress, because these cleaning agents will affect the stability of lace color. Pay attention to avoid alkaline corrosion of fine mesh. Do not pour detergent directly on lace, as its chemical constituents can damage the fibers. Use mild soap or a special cleaning agent for delicate textiles.
- Lace is made of 100% polyester or half polyester and half cotton. Try not to put it into the washing machine. Fine lace needs to be washed by hand or taken to a professional dry cleaner.
- Before washing, put the towel in the sink, and then pick up the lace with the towel, which can prevent the lace from breaking accidentally.
- Wrap the wet lace in a towel to absorb the moisture, and then lay it flat on the table to dry naturally. Do not wring.
- If you really don’t have time to wash carefully, you can also put the lace clothes in the laundry bag, and then turn the washing machine to low water flow and wash slowly.
How to maintain lace dress
Avoid long suspension
It is recommended not to hang lace dresses for a long time, because most lace fabrics are soft and flabby. Hanging them for a long time will easily lead to drooping and deformation of lace dresses and loss of their original shape. If you do not wear it for a long time, you can fold it and put it flat in the closet.
Use cloth hangers
If lace dresses with sleeves are hung with hangers, it is best to choose cloth hangers, or wrap the two ends of the hangers with small towels, so that the sleeves of the dress will not be deformed.
Lay flat for drying
Wrap the lace dress in a dry towel to absorb moisture, and then lay the lace dress flat on the net to dry naturally.
In conclusion, to wash your lace dress by yourself, simply put it in a laundry bag and wash it with neutral detergent. But the more advanced lace dress, or suggest you to the laundry cleaning. After washing with low temperature ironing the lace, the ductility of the lace will be good, and the pattern of the lace alsocan maintain and will not distorted.
Hope this article can help you to clean your lace fabric correctly. If you want to know more about fabric, check our our website.